WHY ALL THE FUSS ABOUT UNION CARDS
HERE'S THE ANSWER
The National Labor Relations Act requires that a majority of the employees sign cards authorizing the union to represent them before the union can ask for recognition from the company.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS...
1. Sign your authorization for representation card.
2. When a majority of cards have been secured, the IBEW will ask the company to recognize your union.
3. If the company should refuse such recognition, the cards may then be taken to the National Labor Relations Board where the union files a petition for an election.
(If the union believes that the company's refusal to grant recognition was in bad faith, it may also file unfair labor practices against the company.)
4. The Board then sets a date when you vote - by secret ballot - for the union.
5. The Board then certifies the union - and soon thereafter contract negotiations begin with your employer for higher wages, job security and - improved working conditions.
IT'S AS SIMPLE AS THAT!
YOU WILL LIKE WORKING IN A UNION PLANT.
THAT'S WHY ALL THE FUSS ABOUT UNION CARDS
WHY NOT SIGN YOUR CARD TODAY!
Millions have organized before you - eventually YOU will too!
DO IT NOW through our Guestbook!
HELP YOURSELF TO A BETTER FUTURE... I.B.E.W.
Thank You For Your Help