The IBEW along with the has offered, and continues to offer, on an ongoing basis, courses for members to learn new skills as well as upgrade basic trade skills. New technology in Electronics and Fibre optics keeps the industry moving at a breakneck pace into new and technically challenging fields.
- Fibre Optics Splicing and Installation.
- A.C. Frequency Drives.
- Basic Instrumentation and Process Control.
- Motor Controls. (A.C. and D.C. )
- Supervisor Training.
As well as these courses we have also offered a variety of skills upgrading over the years such as:
Skill Upgrading Courses:
- Fire Alarm Systems.
- Basic Instrumentation.
- Marine Electrical Technician.
- High Voltage Splicing and Terminations.
- Electrical Code and Blueprint Reading.
- Programmable Logic Controllers.
In an effort to keep our members skilled and proficient in any trade skills required of them to perform the task at hand, and whenever our members feel that there is a demand for training in a specific area of the trade, we will develop a course to meet this demand by using both worker and industry input in conjunction with research into that particular facet of the Industry.